CMHC MEMBER BANKS
Northwest Community Bank
With over 155 years operating in a small community, Northwest Community Bank knows their neighbors and has grown with the community’s needs. In 1860 and 1875, Winsted Savings Bank and Northwest Bank for Savings respectively opened their doors to the public.
Both banks supported the community and enriched the growth with FDIC Insured deposits and loans to continue the areas success. In 1996, they merged to form Northwest Community Bank. Today they support 5 different areas with local branches in Winsted, Avon, Granby, New Hartford and Torrington, as well as a nationally recognized academic branch in Northwestern Region 7 High School.
Collinsville Savings Society
In 1853, Mr. Collins along with a number of other prominent men of the community successfully petitioned the Connecticut Legislature to authorize the establishment of a mutual savings bank in Collinsville. Thus, the Collinsville Savings Society was born. Collinsville Savings Society was chartered in 1853, accepted its first deposit on August 8th of that year and has been an important part of the community – Mr. Collin’s vision – for over 160 years.
Collinsville Savings Society has grown and changed with the times, but their name has not. In 1999, they opened their first branch in Canton on Old Albany Turnpike (Route 44) for the convenience of their customers.
Founded in 1850 as the Litchfield Savings Society with an initial deposit of $200 by Thomas. L. Saltonstall on July 23rd of that year, Litchfield Bancorp has been a strong community partner for the past 167 years.
The bank has a culture of giving and partnership and today has branches in Litchfield, Washington Depot, Torrington, Lakeville and Watertown. Their genuine commitment to meeting the needs of the communities they serve shines through with their dedicationto the proposition that “Every Customer Counts.”
Litchfield Bancorp has been proud to be a part of your community and look forward to many more years to come.